Friday, February 25, 2011

Sunshiney Days

My lord! A lot has happened since the last time I have written. Lets see...I am going to just recap one day in particular only because it is that crazy! 
It's a nice day, my husband had givin me a gift certificate to a hair salon in a nice part of town for Christmas. He has been gone for three weeks prior so I was saving up for the perfect time to go and get my haircut alone, in peace. I pick the day set an appointment. Am beyond stoked. My little family rushed out of the house to pick up my car that needed some fixin' and Britt dropped me off and rushed the girls to gymnastics class. I was running  a little late so I decided to call ahead and let them know that I would be about 5-10  minutes late but would be there. So the guy looks up my appointment and says to me that my appointment wasn't until 11. I thought SWEET! I have plenty of time, awesome news. I start heading toward the girls gym and then realized what I was doing and quickly made a uturn and headed towards Old Navy. This is going to be the greatest day. I find some seriously cheap sales for the girls and am feeling good about myself. It is time for the salon. *squeal*
I pull in, am early. Automatically am feeling a strange vibe from the salon but think to myself this is my day and no way will I let it be ruined. I am givin a tour of the salon. Nothing great, zebra print chairs, a "color bar", and about two customers. So the man sits me down at the color bar. The hairdresser , Cindi, comes over and introduces herself. This is where it all begins......
I hate Cindi....from the jump. She comes over gives me a fake "hello" and limp handshake (which, says a lot about a person. A handshake should be: firm and sincere). She asks me all these questions about my hair and how I would like it colored. One color? two colors? what shade of blonde? I am thinking to myself, fuck lady I don't know. Make it look real! So I am feeling a little weird about that. No one is going to ruin my day. Surely the lady knows how to make partial highlights look natural. I tell myself to relax. 
She calls over to randoms to come and hold pieces of my hair. I am reading a trash magazine and decide to let myself just chill and enjoy the gossip( in the magazine that is). Then all I hear is whispering. I think to myself, is she talking about me?? I then start to listen closer.

2 comments: